[CentOS] Stupid Question (Linux antivirus)

Drew drew.kay at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 13:37:55 UTC 2009

> Will the software be used in a commercial environment?  If not, then you
> could use AVG from Grisoft:-
>    http://free.avg.com/download
> I've used it for a couple of years now and haven't had any problems.
> Come to think of it, it hasn't found any viruses either!?!?!  Perhaps
> I've been lucky, but I prefer to believe my email server is fairly good
> at rejecting spam etc.

I'm sorry but stay as far away from them as you can. AVG 7 was great,
I used to recommend it all the time, but version 8 has become really
bloated and chews through resources like no-ones business. I installed
it on a dual-booted (XP/Debian) Laptop w/ 512M RAM and after upgrading
from 7 to 8 my machine in XP began to lag badly.

--
Drew

--Marie Curie