[CentOS] Dependency problem between cman and openais with last cman update

Wed Sep 16 16:54:01 UTC 2009
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 09/16/2009 09:44 AM, Ray Van Dolson wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 04:33:57PM +0200, Miguel Sanchez wrote:
>> Hi. Today I have updated my cluster installation with the version
>> cman-2.0.115-1 through yum update. When I have started the cman service
>> , it fails.  If I execute cman_tool debug I get the following error :
>>
>>      [CMAN ] CMAN 2.0.115 (built Sep 16 2009 12:28:10) started
>>      aisexec: symbol lookup error:
>> /usr/libexec/lcrso/service_cman.lcrso: undefined symbol:
>> openais_shutdown_errorstring_register
>>      cman_tool: Cannot open connection to cman, is it running ?
>>
>> My openais version is openais-0.80.3-22.el5_3.9. Their sources don't
>> have that function defined.
>>
>> Searching through Redhat's source tree, I have discovered an
>> openais-0.80.2-1.el5.src.rpm packet. I don't know whether this version
>> belongs to Redhat 5.3 or 5.4 release, but the function
>> openais_shutdown_errorstring_register is defined here.
>>
>> I can return to previous version of cman, but I'd like know whether this
>> problem will be solved for CentOS 5.3 or I'll have to wait for CentOS
>> 5.4 with a new openais version.
>
> A fresh update to RHEL 5.4 on one of our cluster machines results in:
>
> openais-0.80.6-8.el5
> cman-2.0.115-1.el5
>
> The latest version of cman I have on RHEL 5.3 is cman-2.0.98-1.el5_3.7,
> so it looks like you've somehow gotten your hands on the version
> included with 5.4...

That is because we bowed to pressure and released the "security updates"
before the other items in 5.4.

This can cause issues with some installs, and we don't really like doing
it this way, BUT it is what some people really wanted

We can see what else we need to release to fix this and see if it is
built/ready and get it through QA.