[CentOS] Dependency problem between cman and openais with last cman update

Wed Sep 16 19:19:31 UTC 2009
Stephen Harris <lists at spuddy.org>

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 11:54:01AM -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> That is because we bowed to pressure and released the "security updates"
> before the other items in 5.4.

Will "normal" users pick these up in their standard "yum update" process?

If so...  Oh dear.  I think you listened to a vocal minority that wanted
to change the existing process.  There could easily have been a silent
majority who were... OK (not happy, but OK) with the existing process.

Yes, ideally, patches being released ASAP is good.  However, not at the
expense of stability.

I was one of the silent ones because I recognise the problems with
dependency management.  I was hoping for a reduced release delay (so
5.4 came out closer to the RedHat release) rather than out-of-order
patch releases.

Please reconsider this policy!

> This can cause issues with some installs, and we don't really like doing
> it this way, BUT it is what some people really wanted

Suggestion: "early-patch" repository for those who want security patches
before the next point release is available and can't wait.

--

rgds
Stephen