[CentOS] libqt4-qt3support Dependency Hell

Mon Sep 28 00:34:47 UTC 2009

On 28/09/09 01:20, Eric Clark wrote:
> It is kind of hard to find RPM's for CentOS as well, and the ones that
> usually work for Fedora 10 can work with Cent.

Take a look at http://wiki.centos.org/Repositories - most of what people
want is already in the main repo's - if not, many people are happy to
help bring the apps into the repos.

> So yeah, i am just trying random things hoping something sticks but am
> willing to listen if anyone else has any information that would be useful.

I know the exact situation you are in, quite a few people I work with
tend to use KeePass and I've needed to look at something reasonable that
would still work and have ended up using this :

http://www.karan.org/mock/KeePassX-0.3.1-bin.tar.gz

its a static build, so you can untar it into the same place where you
have the password db file and run it directly from there. I've been
using it for a few years now and it just works.

Its not an rpm, I dont want to convert a static build like this into an
rpm. For me, it solves a very specific problem - even if in a kludgy way.

The newer 0.4+ versions dont build on CentOS-5 thelast time I looked (
and its been a while, but I've not been motivated enough to go back and
revisit the situation - if someone else does, please let me know )

- KB