[CentOS] centos + ldap + syncrepl (push vs pull)

Thu Apr 1 17:36:11 UTC 2010
aurfalien at gmail.com <aurfalien at gmail.com>

Hi,

 From what I gather, OpenLDAP on Centos 5.x pulls LDAP changes from
central LDAP server to a secondary LDAP server.

So in other words, you can have your second LDAP server pull the db
based on either;

type=refreshOnly

which mean the pull interval will happen when ever you specify or;

type=refreshAndPersist

which mean after a pull, keep the pipe open for any changes made.

Now in Ubuntu one can have there primary LDAP push the changes to all
the secondaries.

Can I somehow enable push in Centos OpenLDAP because pull seems pretty
lame in this case.

I tried but to no avail.

Hope the answer isn't "Son, thats just the way it iz".

- aurf