[CentOS] ssh-agent

Tue Apr 6 16:49:12 UTC 2010

> On 4/6/2010 10:46 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> Todd wrote:

>> <snip>
>>> question:
>>> if you don't start ssh-agent in your terminal do you see something like
>>> the following with ps?
<snip>
>> ps -fu<mylogin>  | grep ssh
>> <mylogin>    13313     1  0 Apr02 ?        00:00:00 ssh-agent
>> <mylogin>    18049 18019  0 09:09 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/ssh-agent
>> /bin/sh -c exec -l /bin/bash -c "/usr/bin/dbus-launch
>> --exit-with-session
>> /etc/X11/xinit/Xclients"
>> <snip>
>> 9:09 or so was when I used ssh-add. Note that ssh-agent has been running
>> since the second, and I logged out Friday and yesterday.
>
> So you have 2 different instances running?

Y'know, that's an interesting question, and one I didn't think of. Thing
is, I did *not* run ssh-agent when I was logging on this morning, *all* I
did was ssh-add. Checking my history, I'm sure of this course of events. I
just grepped, as well, and nothing in my . files runs it, nor does
anything in /etc/profile or /etc/profile.d.

        mark