[CentOS] ssh-agent

Tue Apr 6 16:56:40 UTC 2010

> <snip>
>>> ps -fu<mylogin>  | grep ssh
>>> <mylogin>    13313     1  0 Apr02 ?        00:00:00 ssh-agent
>>> <mylogin>    18049 18019  0 09:09 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/ssh-agent
>>> /bin/sh -c exec -l /bin/bash -c "/usr/bin/dbus-launch
>>> --exit-with-session
>>> /etc/X11/xinit/Xclients"
>>> <snip>
>>> 9:09 or so was when I used ssh-add. Note that ssh-agent has been
>>> running
>>> since the second, and I logged out Friday and yesterday.
>>
>> So you have 2 different instances running?
>
> Y'know, that's an interesting question, and one I didn't think of. Thing
> is, I did *not* run ssh-agent when I was logging on this morning, *all* I
> did was ssh-add. Checking my history, I'm sure of this course of events. I
> just grepped, as well, and nothing in my . files runs it, nor does
> anything in /etc/profile or /etc/profile.d.

Following myself up, see it *mentioned*, in comments, in
/usr/bin/startkde, but that's for startx, not if you're running in level
5.

Oh, and the man page for ssh-agent reads, as the last line before "Files":
"The agent exits automatically when the command given on the command
     line terminates."
Which means, to me, that when the xterm that I started it in is closed, it
should end, unless there's some interpretation other than plain English
there.

       mark