[CentOS] Need tip on an inexpensive printer for college student using CentOS 5.5

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Tue Aug 17 13:40:04 UTC 2010

I noticed someone mentioned HP OfficeJet's.
I have a J4580, which is not supported under Centos-5.5.
(In fact, very few OfficeJet's seem to be supported.)

However, Dag Wieers pointed out that one has to install
the latest hplip (together with hpijs and libsane)
from <http://packages.sw.be/hplip/>.

I did this, and find the OfficeJet works perfectly now
under CentOS.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net