[CentOS] dmesg- bnx2i: iSCSI not supported, dev=eth0

Thu Aug 19 21:32:58 UTC 2010
Clint Dilks <clintd at scms.waikato.ac.nz>

Hi,

For those cards the bnx2i driver must be used whether you want to use
ISCSI offloading or not.  To get ISCSI offloading working you need to be
running a custom version of bnx2i.

Dell supply their own custom version of the bnx2i driver (or at least
they did around the time of CentOS 5.3).
I experimented with this on Both CentOS and Red Hat.  Initially when
contacting Dell I was told ISCSI offloading with a multipath
configuration in Linux was definitely possible.  Then after a 3-4 months
of trial and failure the call was closed as Technically not possible.  I
was told to wait for the release of Red Hat 6.