[CentOS] display issue after installing centos 5.5 on hp probook 4420s

Wed Dec 8 11:04:48 UTC 2010
Agnello George <agnello.dsouza at gmail.com>

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 3:43 AM, Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Dec 2010, Agnello George wrote:

> > From: Agnello George <agnello.dsouza at gmail.com>
> > Subject: [CentOS] display issue after installing centos 5.5 on hp probook
> >     4420s
> >
> > HI
> >
> > I was just assigned a laptop with a pre install windows 7 in it. I decide
> > dual boot this server with cent os 5.5 , i did a "linux text " at the
> boot
> > prompt as anaconda was not able to display the graphis screen ( it was
> > barely viable ) . The installation happened perfect , but when i start x
> > windows " startx" or init3 , i can barely see the display. I dont know
> where
> > the issue lies , what module do i need to load .The display is barely
> > visible .
> >
> > Thanks for all the help !!
>
> Are you running on the mains charger?
>
> Is there some sort of key configuration on your laptop to
> adjust the brightness of the display?
>
> Kind Regards,

I tried that but it didnt work ..

..i was able to successfully install fedora 9 (after booting it 4 times )
..humm , but was not able to detect the sound card  and the wireless card .

the graphics card is Intel HD Graphics

--
Regards
Agnello D'souza