[CentOS] best practice: how to setup a central "network installation server"?

Ausmus, Matt mausmus at chapman.edu
Fri Feb 19 17:33:32 UTC 2010

If you want to invest a little extra time you can install Spacewalk (the
open source version of Red Hat's Satellite) which has Cobbler built into
it plus it provides centralized management of your devices both for
monitoring services as well as being able to deploy config files,
updates , etc.  It provides a nice clean interface for Cobbler and it is
fully integrated into it.

Installing just Cobbler is definitely the quick way to get this going
but taking the time to deploy Spacewalk (especially if you manage lots
of servers) is worth the effort.  We've been running it for less than a
year and we're very happy with it.

Matt Ausmus
Network Administrator
Chapman University
635 West Palm Street
Orange, CA  92868
(714)628-2738
mausmus at chapman.edu

"What the gods get away with, the cows don't."
-THE AQUINAS AXIOM