[CentOS] Lightscribe

Mon Feb 8 18:54:04 UTC 2010
Arun Khan <knura9 at gmail.com>

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 5:35 AM, Robert <kerplop at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I just bought an HP DVD Writer 1040r (as identified by k3b), an external
> USB-connected CD/DVD burner.  The drive gets assigned /dev/scd0. I can
> burn CDs and DVDs, read from CDs and DVDs, boot from DVDs (and, I
> assume, CDs) but have been unable to use the lightscribe software to
> label a disk.  I have lightscribe-1.18.11.1-0 and
> lightscribeApplications-1.18.6.1-0 installed, can run the GUI at
> /opt/lightscribe/Applications/SimpleLabeler/SimpleLabeler which promptly
> and stubbornly tells me "--<no lightscribe drives found>--".
> This IS a lightscribe drive, according to the specs, the box and the
> logo on the tray.

I do not have any lightscribe capable DVD writer.

I am presuming you have lightscribe capable media in the drive as
well.  If so, it might be worthwhile to contact the software vendor.
IIRC, LaCie had published rpm package for lightscribe but I suspect it
worked with their own branded hardware.

-- Arun Khan