[CentOS] xentop batch mode

Tue Feb 9 08:50:31 UTC 2010
Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik at iki.fi>

On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 04:06:37AM +0200, Nux wrote:
> Hi guys,
> First of all, sorry to send this one here on the centos ml. I know it's kind of off-topic, but the xen-users list seems a dead end, I was hoping some of you guys are experienced in this.
>
> I have a problem with a xen 3.4.2 on Centos 5 x86_64 installation, I need to see the total/used/available memory of dom0 when using xentop, however in batch mode it doesn't seem to work.
> If I use the normal mode of xentop I get all that info nicely, however in batch mode it looks like this:
> http://bayimg.com/mAkNEAace
>
> A friend of mine told me that the memory info I need gets displayed on Centos 5 stock xen versions when running xentop in batch mode.
> Anyone can tell me what is going on? What am I missing? Is there any other way I can obtain that info?
>
> The xen is installed from gitco.de/repo/, should it matter. The kernel is 2.6.18-164.

For me the output from batch-mode and non-batch-mode is the same, using stock centos5 xen.

Why do you need to know that information? You can get the Xen hypervisor memory stats from "xm info",
and you should always dedicate a fixed amount of memory for dom0 anyway (disable dom0 ballooning).

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenBestPractices

-- Pasi