[CentOS] HP Proliant ML150 : how do I access disks ?

Wed Feb 17 22:50:03 UTC 2010
Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de>

Am 17.02.2010 um 23:26 schrieb Niki Kovacs:

> Fernando Gleiser a écrit :
>

>> And yes, first build the array from within the smatarray utility,
>> then you can install centos.
>> I've installed centos, rhel and fedora on 100s of MLs and DLs
>> without any problems
>>

> I'm sorry but I can't seem to find that "Smart Array" utility. The
> machine I have was shipped "as is", with some loose disks, no apparent
> system on it, and it came without any CD or handbook. And the HP site
> isn't exactly helpful for that. Officially this hardware supports
> RHEL3
> and RHEL4, and that's it. Looks like there's no way to install CentOS5
> on it (correct me if I'm wrong).
>
> Plus, I admit I'm lost in the sheer myriad of options in the various
> boot configuration tools (bios, scsi configurator). So far I haven't
> managed to have any disk recognized, and what puzzles me is that there
> isn't the slightest mention of a disk in the bios.
>
> Niki

That's because it's probably handled by the controller.

Can you make a video of it booting and upload it to youtube?
Then, we can look at it and tell you the timecode where you have to
press what key.

cheers,
Rainer