[CentOS] HP Proliant ML150 : how do I access disks ?

Thu Feb 18 15:40:27 UTC 2010
John Hinton <webmaster at ew3d.com>

Go to the HP.com website and download the SmartStart CD for your system.
This has everything you need to configure the raid. The raid on these
machines is a 'hardware' raid running through a proprietary raid card.
It is 'extremely' robust. However, you must use the HP SmartStart disk
(or perhaps there is something else from hp/compaq?) to configure your
raid. The raid card in that machine most likely has a battery on it to
allow protected write caching. Very speedy. The battery is used in case
of power outage... the data still gets written.

As for the OS selection, don't worry about it, just create the raid and
CentOS will find it and install.

John Hinton