[CentOS] Weird update problem

Rob Kampen rkampen at kampensonline.com
Tue Jan 5 16:38:01 UTC 2010

Anne Wilson wrote:
> For some time now updates on my CentOS box had skipped exiv2.  Yesterday I
> decided to do something about it, so I removed it - together with gwenview,
> digikam and, IIRC, libexiv2.  That sounded reasonable, so I accepted the
> removal, then re-installed gwenview and digikam, which, of course, pulled in
> the two exiv2 packages.  The version number of exiv2 sounded familiar, but I
> assumed that it would bring in the best-match version, and continued.  This
> morning, seeing that more updates were announced, I ran update again.  To my
> surprise, exiv2 was skipped, as before.
>
> I'm curious as to what could be happening here.

I too had this issue, although my need for exiv2 was gnome-commander.
Thus I too removed exiv2 and its dependents. As I did not need the
packages I have left them uninstalled. I think the issue is a change in
the exiv2 rpm spec file in regards to libraries needed or included, thus
as both come from rf - suggest post a request to them. HTH