[CentOS] 8-15 TB storage: any recommendations?

Chan Chung Hang Christopher christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Tue Jan 12 10:57:00 UTC 2010

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 12/01/10 00:02, Christopher Chan wrote:
>>> problems mostly centered around management and performance issues. the
>>> world is littered with stores of cciss fail
>> Really? Man, I have been given this spanking new HP DL370 G6 and running
>> Centos 5.4 on it...
>
> I've got a couple of DL380's at one setup and another 12 DL360's at
> another place. We have had enough problems with interfaces that all the
> machines are now running off remote-storage. Our storage incident rate
> has gone from 1/day average to under 2/month since then.
>
> all of these machines are G4 and G5's running CentOS-5/x86_64

Eeek! That thing will be hosting the school's vle. Looks like I better
memorize the after hours password for HP support.

What problems did you have? Do they occur mostly when the boxes are
under high I/O load?

This is really new to me as I had no problems with a DL360 G3 box that
ran Windows 2000 and Exchange 2000 with regards to disk problems in my
previous job.