[CentOS] 8-15 TB storage: any recommendations?

Wed Jan 6 23:02:24 UTC 2010
Hakan Koseoglu <hakan at koseoglu.org>

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 10:50 PM, James A. Peltier <jpeltier at fas.sfu.ca> wrote:
> We use Dell 2950s with an MD3000 or MD1000 depending on OS.  For our
> Solaris NAS node we use the MD1000 for CentOS we use the MD3000 because of
> the hardware RAID controller.  Gives us 15TB of RAW disk space with 1TB
> drives plus room for 4-5 additional drives (based on configuration) in the
> chassis.
Seconded. Also you can chain a couple of MD1000s at the back of the
MD3000 to get even more storage over SAS. We have a number of those
with the upstream OS installed but usually a single MD3000 is enough
for what we use them for (mainly Oracle DB server or VMWare hosts). We
tend to split the storage between two nodes and then do OCFS2.