[CentOS] Laptop for CentOS-5

Sat Jan 9 17:26:40 UTC 2010
Mathieu Baudier <mbaudier at argeo.org>

> It is personal preference. I have a Macbook Pro running Fedora 12 just
> fine. It does go to sleep and wake up and reconnect with ZERO issues.

same

> I also have a Macbook Pro running CentOS just fine as well. However Fedora
> is a lot farther ahead driver wise and application wise. It also took
> longer to configure CentOS to a good state.

I agree.

I have CentOS 5.4, Fedora 12, Debian stable and MacOS 10.6 on this
MacBook Pro (2008).

I use Fedora when I need flexibility (like in the train or plane), and
CentOS when I'm settled down somewhere and want a powerful computer
for (java) development.
Both share an LVM logical volume with all non distro stuff (like
checked out code, maven repository, media files, etc.)

You pay a bit more for the Apple hype, but they are excellent computers IMHO.