[CentOS] OT TTW Email Interface

Sat Jan 16 06:10:10 UTC 2010
Michael A. Peters <mpeters at mac.com>

Susan Day wrote:
> Hi;
> I don't know what these things are called so that I can look for an OS
> solution. I want to install an email server interface like Hotmail where
> people can check their email TTW. What is this called? Any recommendations?
> TIA,
> Susan

I set up an imap server (dovecot) but firewall the standard ports,
providing access via squirrelmail. It works quite well.

I also set up SpamAssassin and ClamAV with a web interface for adding to
their personal whitelist and blacklist. Procmail filtering is also
possible (I use it on mine) but I have not written an interface to write
the recipes yet (but all the users have procmail set up, that's what
actually filters spam into their spam folder)

Anyway - look at Squirrelmail. It's free and makes a nice web based imap
client.