[CentOS] Installing an SSL Cert

Wed Jan 27 02:35:57 UTC 2010
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

ML wrote:

> Since I have a domain that will be collecting data and processing payments.
>
> Where can I find instructions on how to install the certificate?

Depends on what web server software your running looks like godaddy
has quite a few sets of instructions

http://help.godaddy.com/article/5346

> Do I have to run another domain or sub domain for the store? Or can I just
> run the whole domain on https?

You can run the whole domain on http and https, normally what sites
would do is run the normal site in http, then have redirect/rewrite
rules setup so when a user goes to a part of the site that should
be "secure" then the site automatically sends them to the secure
version of that page.

nate