[CentOS] Installing an SSL Cert

Wed Jan 27 06:23:56 UTC 2010
Greg Patton <greg at csfm.com>

On 1/26/2010 4:38 PM, ML wrote:
> HI All,
>
> I am considering buying this:
>
> http://www.godaddy.com/Compare/gdcompare_ssl.aspx?isc=sslqgo003a
>
> Since I have a domain that will be collecting data and processing payments.
>
> Where can I find instructions on how to install the certificate?
>
> Do I have to run another domain or sub domain for the store? Or can I just run the whole domain on https?
>
> Thanks,
> -Jason

Is your network PCI certified? If you are going to be processing
payments there are requirements that will need to be met that go far
beyond just having an SSL certificate. Those requirements get even more
stringent if you plan on storing cardholder information. You can find a
copy of the standards at https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/ .

As for your question, you can just run the entire domain under https if
you like. I am assuming you will be using Apache and on any reasonable
hardware it will handle it without even raising a sweat assuming you
aren't talking about outrageous volume levels.

...Greg