[CentOS] xulrunner-devel dependencies

Blake Hudson blake at ispn.net
Wed Jul 7 21:56:23 UTC 2010

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: [CentOS] xulrunner-devel dependencies
From: Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com>
Date: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 11:49:06 AM
> What's the deal with all of the new dependencies for xulrunner-devel in
> the last update?  I'm updating my servers and the update for
> xulrunner-devel is forcing me to install 43 new packages!  Is this a
> packaging problem, or are all of those packages really needed?
>
> For the moment, I've been removing xulrunner-devel from my machines to
> avoid the problem.  I figure since it is a development package, I can
> always reinstall it later if I need it.
>
> Bowie

I noticed the same thing, and took the same steps toward resolution.
xulrunner/xulrunner-devel apparently wasn't a dependency for any
software that I use and was installed when I selected the
"Development/Libraries" group at install time.

The current xulrunner-devel (1.9.2.4-9.el5) actually has 46 dependencies
(91 on x86_64). The previous version (1.9.0.19-1.el5_5) had 28.

[root at mail ~]# yum deplist xulrunner-devel-1.9.2.4-9.el5 | grep
dependency: | wc -l
91

--Blake