[CentOS] DSL battling rojter - help!

JohnS jses27 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 18:05:59 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-07-18 at 09:34 -0700, Mark wrote:
> route shows 192.168.0.2 (the router) as the DFG.
>
> In s-c-n, the gateways are 192.168.0.2 & 192.168.0.1, in that order.

Aww take out the 192.168.0.1 and leave the 192.168.0.2 that is the
Siemens Modem. Your dhcp range starts @ 192.168.0.100

> > If you Bridge the DSL to function as a Modem Only it does not matter
> > that goes out the window.  It's no concern when your  in Routing Mode
> > with the other.  But you can not have two same ips defined as your
> > seeing so the bridge needs one for management and the router a different
> > one. So one has to be changed.
> >
> According to AT&T, the modem has to be in PPP mode to work, and that
> does work for XP

Well appanently I dont think they know to much. Try PPoE Mode for
Bridging, I have the Manual to it.  Would you like to have it?  Send a
email to my inbox.

"Bridged mode – this means a manual connection must take place each time
you
want to connect to the internet, similar to a dial-up connection.
This is a better way to connect as it poses less of a security risk than
routed mode,
and is easier to change settings such as your ISP username/password."

In other words this is an old Gateway Modem.

John