[CentOS] DNS problem while trying to join windows 7 to samba3x pdc

Thu Jul 8 20:11:21 UTC 2010
JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com>

On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 14:55 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:

> > Correct and Not Correct... How about that?  There really is no right or
> > wrong in either of you twos answer.  The right way is Wins on every SN
> > to pass to the MB.  That's my opinion.
>
> So what do you do on a VPN connection that is configured to not be on
> the same subnet as any server?  Or subnets where there is no
> windows-related service at all but you might plug in a client?
---
And your getting at what?  How does this relate to the OPs problem?

You seen to have a little knowledge of ip.  So why not pass the proper
routing info to the vpn client.  If perhaps it was configured right the
first time there would not be no what do I do now.

Windows related servvce problem?  Slap a dhcp helper to pass the
connections to the main dhcp server then to the wins server.  It can be
any Unix variant dhcp helper and server.  There's two words for this:
'Network Aware".  That's all it takes.

Don't make so complicated you can't control.

John