[CentOS] OpenOffice.org 3.1 installation was corrupted-installed again, nothing in Applications/Office menu

Fri Jul 9 10:33:01 UTC 2010
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 4:06 AM, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg
<Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr> wrote:
> Lanny Marcus wrote:
>> I had a corrupted installation of OpenOffice.org 3.1.
<snip>
> you are mixing two different sources for OO: some of your installed
> packages come from the OO website, and you are trying to yum install the
> centos version on top of that.
<snip>
Nicolas: Apparently, I have removed most of the original installation
of OO. What yum command(s) should I use, to remove any remaining
packages from that installation?

After I do that, I will install the CentOS version of OO.

Thank you, for your time and help!  Lanny