[CentOS] OpenOffice.org 3.1 installation was corrupted-installed again, nothing in Applications/Office menu

Fri Jul 9 10:45:52 UTC 2010
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

> On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 4:06 AM, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg
> <Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr> wrote:
>> Lanny Marcus wrote:
>>> I had a corrupted installation of OpenOffice.org 3.1.
> <snip>
>> you are mixing two different sources for OO: some of your installed
>> packages come from the OO website, and you are trying to yum install the
>> centos version on top of that.
> <snip>
> Nicolas: Apparently, I have removed most of the original installation
> of OO. What yum command(s) should I use, to remove any remaining
> packages from that installation?
<snip>
Nicolas: I haven't had enough coffee this morning and my first reply
asked about removing via yum.    Apparently, the corrupted (partially
removed) installation of OO was not installed via yum.   Questions:
Where should I look for remnants of that installation? Do I need to do
that manually or are there yum or rpm commands I can use to remove the
remnants? TIA!  Lanny