[CentOS] DomU install failure for Centos 5.5 using the "RHEL 5.4 and greater" OS option

Thu Jul 15 17:04:58 UTC 2010

Whit Blauvelt wrote:
> In using virt-install, and then virt-viewer to create a CentOS 5.5 x64
> guest
> (in my case for KVM), using the text mode for the install, it failed on me
> in a similar way just if I added extra package groups - just stalled. It
> went forward successfully if I just went with the standard default at that
> point, and waited until post-install to yum other components into the
> guest.

Ok, that works. *shrug* You should see the loong list of stuff I have to
do when I build a new system, including a lot of additional packages, and
editing (such as for nfs mounting of home directories, and mail....)

       mark