[CentOS] Ganglia

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri Jun 18 19:15:41 UTC 2010

John R. Dennison wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 08:41:26AM -0400, Whit Blauvelt wrote:
<snip>
> 	My issues were your building from native source doing the
> 	standard three-step; it's wrong to do so in an rpm-managed
> 	distro.

Up until now, I had to build the gspca driver separately, every time I
upgraded those servers with the cameras attached. I also *always* have to
do something - mostly reinstall - when I upgrade the boxes, mostly older,
with nvidia drivers. (And let's not talk about the newest upgrade to FC
13, which has none....)

Even such a large install as CentOS/RHEL can't cover all hardware.

          mark