[CentOS] Ganglia

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Fri Jun 18 19:19:04 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 03:15:41PM -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> Up until now, I had to build the gspca driver separately, every time I
> upgraded those servers with the cameras attached. I also *always* have to
> do something - mostly reinstall - when I upgrade the boxes, mostly older,
> with nvidia drivers. (And let's not talk about the newest upgrade to FC
> 13, which has none....)

	And what is the problem with the dkms-gspca stuff at rpmforge?

> Even such a large install as CentOS/RHEL can't cover all hardware.

	Nor should it have to.  There exist vetted 3rd-party repos
	that provide support for much that EL does not.

							John

--
The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena.  Think of the
rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in

-- Carl Sagan (1934-1996), astronomer and writer