[CentOS] CentOS MD RAID 1 on Openfiler iSCSI

Emmanuel Noobadmin centos.admin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 19:31:08 UTC 2010

On 6/29/10, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> On 28/06/2010 20:13, Emmanuel Noobadmin wrote:
>> Has anybody tried or knows if it is possible to create a MD RAID1
>> device using networked iSCSI devices like those created using
>> OpenFiler?
>
> I dont use openfiler, but I run a mdraid-10 ( which isnt raid10 ), off
> locally mounted, remote storage exported over iscsi from centos-5 machines.
>
> What did you try ? how did you fail ?

I haven't tried it yet, still researching on which way to go (looked
into Lustre, then glusterFS, then now this). Coincidentally, I just
googled on your post in the mailing list archive and was about to ask
since your setup worked, wouldn't that implied that it should also
work with openfiler providing the iSCSI connection?

Or would openfiler even be necessary?