[CentOS] CentOS MD RAID 1 on Openfiler iSCSI

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Jun 28 19:50:15 UTC 2010

On 28/06/2010 20:31, Emmanuel Noobadmin wrote:
> I haven't tried it yet, still researching on which way to go (looked
> into Lustre, then glusterFS, then now this). Coincidentally, I just

Not sure what you are trying to do here. Lustre, glusterfs, gfs etc
solve a different problem than imported remote storage ( which is
essentially what iscsi will give you )

> googled on your post in the mailing list archive and was about to ask
> since your setup worked, wouldn't that implied that it should also
> work with openfiler providing the iSCSI connection?

I dont see why not. But you dont dont need openfilter to give you iscsi
capability. CentOS-5.1+ has had the ability to export an iscsi target
itself with all the tooling built in.

> Or would openfiler even be necessary?

Depends on what you want, perhaps
http://slimphpiscsipan.sourceforge.net/ might be all that is needed in
your case ? I prefer using tgtadm on the cli. It also means that I can
script my storage box's configs and wrap them into puppet manifests.

- KB