[CentOS] Is every CentOS release supported for 7 years?

Tue Jun 8 10:35:50 UTC 2010
Frank Van Damme <frank.vandamme at gmail.com>

Op 22-05-10 22:36, Robert Heller schreef:
> I am not sure if Gentoo or Debian even have 'point releases', at least
> in the sense that RedHat has done things since way back when.

Debian has. Currently they're at 5.0.4.

Gentoo is a different matter altogether, their release system is to
volatile even a Gentoo *release* won't stay the same for long. Plus,
their approach to security updates is to install (compile) the latest
stable "downstream" version together with possibly updated or changed
dependencies, making it a distribution much less suitable for
enterprise/server use.