[CentOS] Querying netgroup information

Mon Jun 21 15:17:27 UTC 2010
Gerhardus Geldenhuis <gerhardus.geldenhuis at gmail.com>

Hi
I have been searching for commands to "debug" netgroup membership. I
am using netgroups provided by ldap. I can do a ldap query but it
seems a bit unwieldy to do. I have found a package on ubuntu called
ng-utils
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/jaunty/+source/ng-utils/0.7-1 which does
what I require and compiles very easily. It contains two commands
netgroup and innetgr to query netgroup membership with.

Two questions:
* Is there a similar package with similar commands to query netgroup
membership available for Centos? I have not been able to find such a
package yet.

* If there is no similar commands or packages available would it
generally be usefull enough to repackage in rpm for
Centos/Redhat/Fedora?

Regards

--
Gerhardus Geldenhuis