[CentOS] clustered file system of choice

Thu Jun 17 15:00:44 UTC 2010
Laurent Wandrebeck <l.wandrebeck at gmail.com>

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 15:33:02 -0400
Boris Epstein <borepstein at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am just trying to consider my options for storing a large mass of
> data (tens of terrabytes of files) and one idea is to build a
> clustered FS of some kind. Has anybody had any experience with that?
> Any recommendations?
>
> Thanks in advance for any and all advice.
>
> Boris.
Hi,
You can take a look at http://www.moosefs.org.
It is a network, fault-tolerant FS, posix compliant, allows snapshots,
uses fuse, your code doesn't need to be changed to access the FS. You
can easily choose the number of replicas of files/dirs you want. It is
easy to deploy, runs in user-space. Some people runs it successfully on
500+TB. Plus, I've made a CentOS repo here:
http://centos.kodros.fr/moosefs.repo
Regards,
Laurent