[CentOS] CentOS MD RAID 1 on Openfiler iSCSI

Wed Jun 30 07:49:29 UTC 2010
Emmanuel Noobadmin <centos.admin at gmail.com>

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Christopher Chan
<christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:
> Sounds exactly like the mentality in Hong Kong too. I mean, even the
> bigger companies with Asian managers have a similar mentality. The IT
> department is always the under-budgeted, under-manned and public enemy
> number one when cost-cutting.

Not too surprised the mentality is similar, I'm in Asia and just a few
hours away by plane.

Despite putting out cost estimates to management, they just won't
accept that spending a few dollars more now would reap 10x the cost
savings over the next couple of years.  Somehow, they seem to prefer
gambling with the possibility of paying a couple of hundred bucks for
emergency service calls and maybe a grand for data recovery than
spending another hundred or so on an extra hard disk now.