[CentOS] Recover RAID

Jeff Sadino jsadino.queens at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 23:10:27 UTC 2010

Hello Everyone,

Thanks to everyone who helped me to learn about RAIDs, starting at the end
and working backwards :)

I brought my system back up, minus the raid0 partition that was corrupted.
My question now is what's the best way to back up my server?  Basically, I
have one more (software?) raid1 array, a cluster setup on 5 subnodes (but I
don't see any of their data here, so prob just all scratch and OS space),
and then a hardware RAID controller ( attached to 2 raid setups
(scratch, apps, and data as one setup and then last week we added the shacks
as a seperate 12TB array.  It came as a RAID, but I think we had to decouple
it b/c our OS couldn't read it), and then we have the computer with mounts
referencing our main Windows server (, which is backed up by our
Windows guy.
Should I use the empty shacks as backup space?

I hope that all makes sense.  If not, please let me know.  I really want to
back up and ensure thsi never happens again.  Thank you!

This is the output from `df -h`:
Filesystem                                            Size  Used Avail Use%
Mounted on
/dev/sda1                                               9.8G  7.5G  2.3G
77% /
none                                                     4.0G     0  4.0G
0% /dev/shm
/dev/md0                                              459G  140G  296G  33%
/dev/sda2                                            2.0G  1.4G  561M  72%
tmpfs                                                   241M  3.8M  238M
2% /var/lib/ganglia/rrds     1.1T  812G  223G  79% /data             1.1T  812G  223G  79% /apps                           72G   13G   55G  19% /scratch                    2.0T  103M  1.9T   1% /mnt/shack1                    1.8T  238G  1.5T  14% /mnt/fs3                    1.8T  285G  1.5T  17% /mnt/fs4                    1.8T  100M  1.7T   1% /mnt/shack4                    1.8T  100M  1.7T   1% /mnt/shack5                    1.7T  101M  1.6T   1% /mnt/shack6
//                 11T  4.7T  5.4T  47%
//           11T  4.7T  5.4T  47% /mnt/scanner_data
//                               11T  4.7T  5.4T  47%
//                                   11T  4.7T  5.4T  47%
//                             11T  4.7T  5.4T  47%
/export/home/fs431                            459G  140G  296G  33%
/export/home/coreg                           459G  140G  296G  33%