[CentOS] VNC viewer blank screen

Kwan Lowe kwan.lowe at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 16:58:49 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 11:43 AM, Vijay Shanker Dubey
<vijay.shad at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have configured vnc on my centos server machine. But, unable to access the
> vnc client. When ever i try to access my client. All I get is a blank screen
> with only mouse working.
> I am very clue less about the problem, Can I find out this error.

Most likely you do not have a window manager configured in your
~/vnc/xstartup file.  Mine, for example, looks like this:

#!/bin/sh

[ -x /etc/vnc/xstartup ] && exec /etc/vnc/xstartup
[ -r $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
vncconfig -iconic &
startxfce4 &

The last line starts up my window manager and desktop.