[CentOS] VNC viewer blank screen

Vijay Shanker Dubey vijay.shad at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 17:03:36 UTC 2010

Regards,
Vijay Shanker Dubey

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 10:28 PM, Kwan Lowe <kwan.lowe at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 11:43 AM, Vijay Shanker Dubey
> <vijay.shad at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have configured vnc on my centos server machine. But, unable to access
> the
> > vnc client. When ever i try to access my client. All I get is a blank
> screen
> > with only mouse working.
> > I am very clue less about the problem, Can I find out this error.
>
> Most likely you do not have a window manager configured in your
> ~/vnc/xstartup file.  Mine, for example, looks like this:
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> [ -x /etc/vnc/xstartup ] && exec /etc/vnc/xstartup
> [ -r $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
> xsetroot -solid grey
> vncconfig -iconic &
> startxfce4 &

My version of xtartup file is
---
#!/bin/sh (-)
# Add the following line to ensure you always have an xterm available.
( while true ; do xterm ; done ) &
# Uncomment the following two lines for normal desktop:
unset SESSION_MANAGER
exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
[ -x /etc/vnc/xstartup ] && exec /etc/vnc/xstartup
[ -r $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
vncconfig -iconic &
xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
twm &
---

I got this script form this tutorial on the cetos site. Do you see any error
in this.