[CentOS] Back to apcupsd

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Mar 17 14:15:25 UTC 2010

> speaking of UPS's...
>
> I -almost- ordered $300 worth of UPS replacement batteries today, but on
> a hunch, I swapped electronic modules with a twin UPS (the ERM is
> hotswappable on these 2U 3000VA units), and lo and behold, its the ERM
> thats faulty, not the battery pack.   found a fleabay ERM for $250  (OEM
> wants $1000).    I have 3 of them, all about 5 years old, with 3 2U
> expansion battery packs, for a total of 9 battery packs, $2000-3000 to
> replace all of them.

Um, well.... The beginning of the year, we had a utility shutdown for
repairs, so we shut all our servers down, and the UPSs as well. Brought
them back up after the long weekend... and it took over a month for the
red light to come back. Watch out that the one you swapped doesn't come
back in a few weeks.

        mark