[CentOS] Release 6?

Wed Mar 31 19:39:19 UTC 2010
Joseph L. Casale <jcasale at activenetwerx.com>

>A lot of the work after Fedora 6 seemed to revolve around making
>single-user desktop type access more convenient at the expense of more
>general purpose server concepts - and making it boot quickly which isn't
>a big priority on boxes that run all the time.  And some things even
>when not technically broken were annoying, like if a user logs in at the
>console keyboard it would kill the audio output being controlled by a
>remote user.

Well all valid, I always laugh when I see posts in Fedora list about people
setting up Fedora as servers at work.

I can't imagine such a practice. I use at home only on my desktop for the bleeding
edge support, but given the public approach to its model, its happened before that
people have pushed bad updates that broke things badly. Just one of many reasons...