[CentOS] ldap: adding user to multiple groups

aurfalien at gmail.com aurfalien at gmail.com
Sat May 8 14:04:03 UTC 2010

On May 6, 2010, at 10:20 PM, Arun Khan wrote:

> On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 12:52 AM,  <aurfalien at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On May 6, 2010, at 12:00 PM, Arun Khan wrote:
>>

>>> Even though you may not require the SMB extensions, the smbldaptools
>>> may be worth looking into.  It's toolset are similar to the regular
>>> Linux user management tools, with the backend taking care of
>>> populating the LDAP DIT and you keeping your sanity :)
>>
>> Thanks Arun,
>>
>> But you assume too much, I have no sanity left to keep :)
>
> Another tool that I forgot to mention is LDAP Account Manager (lam);

I tried that a while back, together with webmin and that php thing.

I was kinda hoping to use webmin for everything; DNS, DHCP, LDAP so
that a jr sys admin could manage our intranet based services.  But
with LDAP, webmin doesn't seem to like adding users to groups and
errors out.

So I just hand edit an ldif for now and ldapmodify.

I'll revisit the webmin error regarding adding users to groups and see
whats going on.

Thanks for all the good tips.