[CentOS] CentOS 5 and seamonkey

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Fri May 28 18:35:04 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 11:27 AM, Robert <kerplop at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Has anyone had any success in rebuilding seamonkey 2.0.4 for CentOS 5
> (32-bit)?  I'm currently running seamonkey-2.0-1 which I rebuilt last
> November. Sadly, I have no idea where the SRPM originated.
> I found  seamonkey-2.0.4-1.fc12.src.rpm and
> seamonkey-2.0.4-1.fc12.src.rpm, downloaded and got to 0th base:

I'm curious as to why you want to rebuild Seamonkey at all.  You can
get the official 2.0.4 release directly from mozilla.org, and it comes
in 32 and 64 bit versions (AFAICT).  You can also get mainline and
beta sources from them, if you really want to build it yourself, but
there's no need or that.

I'm running Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686
(x86_64); en-US; rv:1.9.1.9) Gecko/20100317 SeaMonkey/2.0.4 from the
seamonkey-2.0.4.tar.bz2 I downloaded from mozilla.org.  Works fine on
my Athlon II X4 system.

Caveat: I've had an issue with both Seamonkey and Firefox for a long
time now because they both have a tendency to lose audio-video sync on
flash videos after the browser has been running for a long period of
time, usually a day or two.  I have a bugzilla report in to them, and
it's not fixed yet in the latest releases of either one.

HTH.

Mark Hull-Richter
Expert Software Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/markhullrichter