[CentOS] Upgrading to 2.6.32

Sat May 1 20:51:30 UTC 2010
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

On Sat, May 01, 2010 at 04:44:49PM -0400, maillists0 at gmail.com wrote:

> I was wondering whether the standard "make oldconfig" would work when making
> a version jump this large.  Are my drivers likely to break?

	*All* bets are off with this.  It's unsupported and for good
	reason.  Redhat has, literally, *many hundreds* of patches in the
	kernels they ship that the vanilla kernel kits don't provide,
	it is entirely likely hardware support is different including
	drivers.

							John

--
When there are too many policemen, there can be no liberty.  When there are
too many soldiers, there can be no peace.  When there are too many lawyers,

-- Lin Yutang (10 October 1895 - 26 March 1976), Chinese writer and translator,
as quoted in Alexander, James (2005). The World's Funniest Laws. Cheam: Crombie
Jardine. pp. page 6