[CentOS] which gcc package?

Sun May 9 23:43:18 UTC 2010
Michael Klinosky <mpk2 at enter.net>

Les Mikesell wrote:
> You can get a
> bunch of them at once if you pick the development-related groups during an
> install or you can do a 'yum grouplist', then 'yum groupinstall ...' for the
> ones you  are likely to need.

Benjamin suggested that also.

But, I don't really want tons of extra stuff on my machine. And, I think
that it actually worked out better; I now know the underlying problem,
and how to solve it. If I would've used 'groupinstall', it would have
worked, but I wouldn't have known about the missing library.

So, the next time I compile a program, I'll think back to this and
realize that, most likely, I'm missing a library or somesuch.

I installed libX11-devel, then tried again to make - failed, but for a
different library. I found it, installed it, 'make', and it succeeded.

Basically, I want to know how these things work.