[CentOS] updating to gtk+ >= 2.0

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Mon Nov 15 01:16:19 EST 2010

aurfalien at gmail.com a écrit :

> Funny thing is those are already installed.
> However I require a later version of gtk+.

[kikinovak at babasse:~] $ rpm -qa | grep ^gtk

GTK (Gimp Tool Kit) is a graphic library originally designed for Gimp,
and needed by a series of graphical applications.

GTK1 (gtk+-1.2.10) is the old version of GTK, needed by GTK1
applications like XMMS, for example, with all those grey and unsexy menus.

As for the gtk2-2.10.4 package, it's one of those packages that are
really behind in CentOS. The consequence of that is for example that
GIMP can't be offered in a version greater than 2.2.

My advice : wait for CentOS 6.0 with a more recent GTK2.