[CentOS] SMS Gateway

Michel van Deventer michel at van.deventer.cx
Thu Nov 18 09:33:19 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Thu, 2010-11-18 at 10:07 +0100, Jakub Jedelsky wrote:
> Hi list-people!
>
> Is there anybody who has expiriences with sms gateway on Centos? Our
> customer has a Siemens modem (connected via serial port) and finds any
> tool for sending and receving sms. I found something like gammu and
> smstools but I'm not sure with it.. Have you any tips?
I use smstools on CentOS and RHEL with Siemens SMS modems, Nokia GSM
(7110), Siemens GSM (M35) and GPRS modems. Works like a charm and very
easy to use.
You can use scripts to act on incoming SMS too.

You can send SMS from the command line or by putting a file with the
right content in the outgoing directory of the daemon.

	regards,

	Michel