[CentOS] Centos 6 installation memory requirements

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Tue Nov 23 19:49:54 UTC 2010

> break out your wallet, blow the dust out, and spend a few bucks on some RAM

Sometimes the hardware is so old, that it is not as easy as that to
find the right RAM for it...

I have some very old IBM PoS cashier machines (sic! got them for 30
EUR each, plenty of connectors, very well built) based on Celeron
processors which valiantly run CentOS 5 for some tests/router/storage,
etc., but I have a hard time finding RAM for them.
I think that they will never make it to CentOS 6 (maybe I'll switch
them to Debian which I always found pretty good for low-end hardware).