[CentOS] New list ?

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Wed Nov 24 16:18:31 UTC 2010

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 15:47:39 +0000
Karanbir Singh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Taking this to a new thread.
>
> Thoughts on getting a new list started up ?  Should it be
> centos-sysadmin or centos-infra ? Are we going to then restrict it to
> admin/infra related chatter ? in which case, does the eyeball density on
> this list reduce for that sort of content ?

The problem with starting a new list is just exactly that:  You split the
audience and have less exposure on both lists.  Everyone then needs to subscribe
to two lists instead of one to "keep up with stuff".

> How about the politics and news stuff that gets posted to this list.
> And how would those things be addressed with the new admin focused list ?

My personal opinion is that it's not a big deal.  As with other mailing lists,
stuff I'm not interested in I simply ignore.

Even though it's not directly on-topic for this list, I personally find the WP
thread interesting.  We don't need another Slashdot on a mailing list, of
course, but it's not out of hand yet in my humble opinion.

Of course, if others see a need to start another list then I'm perfectly happy
to tag along and join up with that one, too.