[CentOS] New list ?

Brunner, Brian T. BBrunner at gai-tronics.com
Wed Nov 24 16:31:06 UTC 2010

> > Thoughts on getting a new list started up ?
>
> The problem with starting a new list is just exactly that:
> You split the audience and have less exposure on both lists.
> Everyone then needs to subscribe to two lists instead of one
> to "keep up with stuff".

+1

> My personal opinion is that it's not a big deal.  As with
> other mailing lists, stuff I'm not interested in I simply ignore.

+1

> Even though it's not directly on-topic for this list, I
> personally find the WP thread interesting.

+1

I am fascinated to eavesdrop on the techno-babble of fogies as old as
myself.  I learned BASIC on a PDP-11/45, Fortran on a CDC 3150 (We
celebrated the day the 2nd bank of 32K of (real) core was added); my
first code-for-pay was with TECO on a PDP-10 cross-compiled to a
Rockwell 6502 target.  *nostalgic sigh*.